Best network monitoring software
Network monitoring software plays a key role in monitoring and managing the network traffic flow over a certain network. It comes in handy when network administrators and security staff wants to monitor operations of a network.
Let us look at the applications of network monitoring software
– Automation of network monitoring processes and workflow is done by network Monitoring software.
– It helps in identifying slow or failing components in advance And alerts the network administrator. The problems could be Failed switches overloaded and frozen Servers and other some components which could potentially cause network failures.
– Administrators get to monitor and manage networks using network monitoring software.
– Network monitoring services aid users in monitoring performance. They help to keep a check weather web Server is functioning At its optimum capacity or not and if it is properly connected to worldwide networks.
– End to end visualisation of networks is offered by many network monitoring softwares.
– What best network Monitoring software offers
– Best network marketing software is the one Which offers a complete view into the network. It lets the administrators monitor devices with ease.
– It offers problem detection, reporting and resolution mechanism along with network maintenance.
– And at last it should be user-friendly.
Let us have a glance at working of network monitoring software
– At initial stage the devices that needs to be monitored Are identified and their performance metrics is also checked.
– Monitoring interval needs to be selected as per need.
– The components such as switches servers rounders perform critical tasks. So we need frequent monitoring of those.
– Internet traffic monitoring intervals depend upon certain parameters and usages. The need to be selected with respect to Certain situations
Let us look at the top network monitoring softwares is available in market.
1. SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor – It is easy to use. Tool automatically identifies network devices and deploy them within no time. The product can be readily customised as per need. The web best performance dashboards, views and charts can be customised. It is tailor made in a sense that it can be moulded and used for your entire network infrastructure. This software is sold separately as per modules.
2. DataDog Network Monitoring – It is a cloud-based system that can detect all the connected devices in no time. It creates an asset inventory and draw a network topology map as per the information feeded to it from the research. The system can perform and set up its own routine.The features provided by DataDog Network Monitoring Are that it monitors networks anywhereIncluding the sites present in remote area. Integrate with other modules such as log management. It includes DNS server monitoring.
3. ManageEngine OpManager – It is actually an APM software where APM Stands for application performance management. It must be installed on premises if a user wants to run Manage Engine OpManager. It can analyse your network traffic and manage the network along with the service, network configuration and performance. The key features of ManageEngine OpManager include server monitoring and network monitoring. It offers automated network mapping. It provides a range of network topology map options.
4. Paessler PRTG Network Monitor – It is widely famous for its advanced infrastructure management capabilities. It displaces all the devices, traffic system and applications and network in hierarchical manner and summarises the performance. It monitors IT infrastructure by the help of technologies such as SNMP, WMI, Pings, Flows/packet sniffing, HTTP requests, REST APIs, SQL, SSH. The key features of Paessler PRTG Network Monitor are that it has Multi site monitoring capabilities. They provide live network topology maps in wide range of formats And a protocol analyser that identify high traffic applications.
5. Site 24*7 Network Monitoring – It covers servers, networks and applications and provides services such as exploring the network for connected devices. It draws a network topology map by logging the findings in network inventory. This also has a traffic analysis function. Top 10 figures from switches and router and display the data in dashboard of a system which can later be used for capacity planning. The key features of Site 24*7 Network Monitoring are such that it uses SNMP in order to check health status of the devices. It generates notifications and forward the alerts via email or SMS. It also monitors boundary and edge services such as load balancers. Along with that it offers monitoring of network traffic flow.
6. Nagios Xl – The targets wide range of audience from freelancers to small to medium businesses to large corporations. It has the most flexible pricing model. They provide free version, open source, one-time license and subscription. This allows users to have extreme flexibility. Its key IT components are database, infrastructure and network. The disadvantage of it is that it does not auto discover the devices that you may have to configure each device.
7. Zabbix – it is an open source monitoring tool. It is popular for its easy to use nature. It has the ability to forecast future behaviour on the account of historical data. It’s active user community is spread across the world. Its main advantage is it has no compulsion of vendor lock ins.